Water dragons fighting

soloman5

I have 3 water dragons together one I'm 99% sure is female (Stoic) 2 years old, the other 2 are 20 months old and am unsure of sex. The 2 which are 20 months old have started fighting. At first it was the occasional nip, head bobbing and waving but today one of them (Phoneix) is really into the other (Spartan), bitting, not letting him/her out of the water etc.

Spartan has always been the bigger of the 3 with Phoenix not far behind but s/he is the one who behaves more aggressively. Phoenix's behaviour towards Stoic is very different s/he chases her around jumps on top, does a circuling thing, but there is no biting or any type of aggressive behaviour from Phoenix, every so often Stoic will nip him on the neck but that's it, she generally runs off as quick as can be.

There is no redness on chest suggesting them being male. Their enclosure is 900Wx1600Lx1800h, and there is also a turtle in their water tank. There is no problem with feeding, I hand feed them most of their live food and there's never any scraping, their veges and fruit is eaten by all with no problems either.

So my questions being is this behaviour just sorting out who goes where in the pecking order for females or could I have 2 males which have not coloured up? Do I keep an eye on them and let them sort it out themselves, or is it safer to take one out and if so which one? (At the moment I've been stopping them when they are scrapping.) Any suggestions would be greatfully received as have found very little info on water dragon behaiour.

Really gees, so do you think it would be better to seperate them then, I wasn't sure about letting nature do it's thing as I really don't want that to happen. They have only started today what I would class as fighting although the initial started a couple of weeks ago.

In regards to the 2 fighting no idea on sex, I assume they are female since there is no colour on their chest although they maybe too young still to tell? They both get on fine with the one which I think is female. With seperating it will be quite difficult I maybe able to put it with my smaller w.d, it is young 9-10 months, and quite small. I was waiting for it to get a bit bigger to make sure the older ones don't see it as food.

I have one basking bulb but the way I've set up the logs there are different areas for them to lie on all within a similar distance of the bulb, generally they seem to scrap lower down and near the water entry. They do love to lie on the ramp (turtles entry into his basking spot) maybe if I create more places for them to lie in the water may help. Thanks for your suggestions.