Daltons Aquatic Mix

shrimpy_boy11

Hey guys..just a few questions.

Was wondering if anyones used Daltons Aquatic Mix and is it any good?

Can you put it in your tank?

Need a larger substrate on top?

Does it cloud the water?

If its alright with fish?

Is it actually any good?

But yeah if anyones used it could give me some pointers/tips on it. Or any experiences.

Cheers

Shrimpeh

LOL yeah, sometimes I forget to use the search function too! :oops:

To answer your questions very briefly...

Can you put it in your tank? - Yes. Put it in when you are first setting up a planted tank.

Need a larger substrate on top? - Yes. You need something to weigh it down like sand or gravel on top.

Does it cloud the water? - Only if you stir it up, or if you don't have a thick enough layer of other substrate and your fish can dig it up.

If its alright with fish? - Yes.

Is it actually any good? - Yes. I used it for about 18 months in a planted tank and it worked very well. When I ended up pulling the tank apart, the plants had certainly spread their roots throughout the Dalton's and seemed to be thriving in it. I don't have it in my tank at the moment (just because I was in a big hurry to set it up again after I moved) but next time I move I definitely plan to use it again.

Thanks cheers for that Whetu.

I went ahead and used the search and actually came across a thread of yours previously with information on daltons and how you used it before. Along with mulitple other threads. Certainly found all the info i needed, and defiantley going to give the daltons a go.

So thank you! :D