Ohhh.. Help! My Goldfish has had eggs!

axokeeper

Long story really short...

Got three goldies last week. The second day of having them two of them were chasing the other around. I thought they were killing it, until I went online and did a search! I watched them and saw it laying its eggs in a fine, feathery false plant. That was three days ago now. I can see black we lines in the eggs and sometimes movement. Now... what do I do?? I cannot remove the parents as I have no appropriate tank for them... HELP!!!

Grab some tank water and put the eggs/ plants in to seperate from the parents or they'll just eat them. try to get either liquifry or boiled egg yolk to feed them and read up on raising fry. it's pretty easy as long as you keep the water clean. Dont need an airstone until later on.

have a look at this:

http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Live%20Food,%20Goldfish.htm

Sorry but I don't know about temperature differences and the effect on goldfish eggs as my goldfish are always left to their own devices in an outdoor pond :-?

I would try it and see. No great loss if you lose them as they will spawn again as the weather warms.

Float on icecream container with some tank water in the main tank. Put the eggs in there and let them hatch. Feed the fry as you would if they were in their own tank. Try and get a net breeder from your LPS or LFS.

HTh

Im pretty sure Paeroa and Coro dont have any pet shops local. Find your nearest one and they should courier one to you. Make sure you get a breeding trap that newly hatched goldfish cant slip out of! Some of them have large netting or slits on the bottom for fry to escape= goldfish in the tank having lunch!

Edit- not sure about the floating thing but they arent like salmon with the dying thing.

If you want to stick them in the pond you could try sticking some netting over the top so the kiongfishers cant get in, also there seems to be alot more fry once they hatch out than the amount of eggs that you can see,

you could also go and get a plastic storage container from somewhere like briscoes/ the warehouse and then get a small air pump and sponge filter and trasfer the eggs + water from the tank there currently in???