filter

Brett1970

5cm :o . Whys it so low? You could set up a small drip system that puts a drip of water in every 15 or so seconds so it eventually fillsto about 20cms but if the water goes in too fast they'll die of shock from the change of water conditions. I don't do water changes on the tank until they're about 5-7mm.

I breed mine in 60 x 30 x 30cm tanks so you can keep the babies in there for a while before having to move them. If the tanks too small you have to move the fry to a bigger tank sooner and then since they're young a the might not make it being moved from one tank to another. But it all depends on the size of the spawn.

My tank is 10 gallons think its perfect for breeding bettas but wouldve prefered a bigger tank .

I also have a 40 litre tank which i will be using when the bettas are old enough to shift i can see i will be buying another few tanks

Isnt 10gallons 40Litre? :lol:

Lol thats a small tank

dont do water changes until you have to

watch your feeding.. dont over feed as ul pollute it fast

monitor the waste and remove using a small air line hose syphon.. but careful to not suck fry up

i wouldnt do daily WC until the fry are of a decent age/size

This kind of relates to me in a way too, Ill have the tanks, but its the filtering I need to change. All ugf at the moment and thats no good really, already had ram fry sucked into the gravel. 4 smaller tanks at the moment im getting ready for breeding in, but Im wondering would I have to get a small hob filter for each or would there be a cheaper method using 1 filter and a sump or something? seems like its getting tricky then though, I wont be letting them spawn till I got room to hold them all and seperate the boys when they get older, I was thinking about setting up a small shelving unit (like what I think Barrie has for his killies)

The tank I have seems far too big but it's the only one I've got. IF they even spawn, will the fry get lost? Could I let them do their thing and round up the fry into a net breeder?

:hail:

It should be fine, I know someone who breed fighters in 3ft tanks. The fry shouldn't yet lost although you may have to spread the food around. They probably will grow faster with the more space, especially as they get older. The tank would also provide more places of refuge, for the female, until shes ready to breed and after shes bred.