Smaller Chiller

ben19185074

The inside 'cooler' portion is made of ceramic and lots of people use them on Nanos in the states, so confirm its saltwater approval.

These devices configured like this are often used by people who want to cool the water in the resivour on their 'water cooled' computers. 1 side gets REALLY got, the side gets REALLY cold.

We use peltiers all the time at work for cooling various components in our Datacenters.

Can't see it being very usefull or effective on anything larger than a small tank though.

Pie

I have seen a few green house setups that lay pipe in the ground about 5ft deep and have say a 50-100ft loop, you could use irrigation piping......

then just pumop the water through this as the ground is a good heat sink at this level,, ever dug a hole.... quite cold at 5ft deep

used commercially...... got me thinking......

I have an undercounter guiness cololer, it uses a 1/2 hp motor to cool water in a small tank, and has a loop system for the water to be colled that passes through this tank,,, the loop system is removable and is either stailess or titanium... it works and is on my things to do list this month........ before it gets to hot..... cost me 50 quid in london boot sale ages ago

I have a US source for titanium tubing if it proves to be stainless, anyone know how to test this?????

Layton.... this underground tubing system is being used in the US in florida in green house frag farms, i get the link... not sure what pipe they are using, but it is worth a look as many of us have a bit of garden and a spare pump...... i will find the piccies link tonight

Peter

Well, some stainless steels are magnetic. But others are not. It depends on how much (if any) nickle is in it.

Titanium is non-magnetic. So if a magnet can stick to is, it's definitely not titanium.

Can't think of a positive test for titanium though.

Layton.