plants and severums

oO SKIPPY Oo

Oh darn! That was like about 3 years ago, lol.

Um, I can remember:

Java fern, Combomba, Dwarf Sag, Ambulia, Anubius, Hairgrass, Indian Fern (planted and floating) Crypts (a red one and green one, cant remember names sorry) Val (Twisted and Straight) ummmmm .... Cant remember the others off hand ....

are they all easy to get in welly ? and do you need a special bulb to make them grow - my last lot of plants (about 2 years ago) died when i had goldfish in the tank havent tried any since i moved to tropical fish so maybe its time i looked at it again

Goldfish are Coldwater, the plants I mentioned are Tropical Plants. If you had any of those plants in Coldwater, that could be why they died? Some will do ok in Coldwater, but most will die.

Try Trademe for plants, or advertise here for wat you are wanting. Cheaper here, the LFS are rip-offs when it comes to plants. :lol:

I wouldnt suggest having plants wif Sev's thou, ours were prolly juss weird! :oops:

sorry yeah i know - i have only tried cold water plants in cold water - and since i had the bad experience i have never really tried again - although it could have been bad lighting that caused them all to die ? the lighting in my previous tank was pretty bad

the LFS is a bit of a rip for anything - like at animates in old hutt road the sevs there are 25$ for a smallie - but in the animates in lower hutt the same size are 15$ - would be nice if they were consistant...

oops getting off topic - maybe i will stay with placky plants for the time being esp since they dont get eaten