kribs spawned tonight .... pics

kiwimeg

Thanks guys :D

Bill, yes, this is thier first spawning - shocked me a bit cause the female is tiny, figured she might be a little young, obviously not! As for them hatching - maybe not this time, unless they've moved the eggs! Don't think kribs do that do they? I'm picking ma 'n pa krib feasted on cavier today while I was at work. :( Oh well, win some, lose some. Maybe next time aye!

They are coloured up and the females doing the big "LOOK AT MOI" shimmy and trying to coax potential daddy into thier terracotta pot again. Don't remember how long it can take between spawns?? I'll be sure to take some pics when/if we get young'uns :D

Hi Bill,

Time will tell I guess. They are in with 3 juvenile angels, 4 leopard danio's, and a male guppy. Had them in a tank of thier own and they just constantly hung out in thier pot, only venturing out for food, so I put them back in with the other fish cause they seemed happier in there. Within a day of putting them back - they had spawned. When they were in thier own tank, it was like they were sulking at being segregated, somewhat like my kids when they get sent to thier room for bad behaviour.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they've done it again!

A big waterchange, and eggs within a few hours. That was 2 days ago, as of tonight, the eggs are gone, but the ma and pa krib are taking it in turn to guard the pot. Unsure if theres anything in there as I can't see and dont want to go shining anything in thier in case it freaks them out! Somewhat optimistic though, since they are still guarding the pot - what do you all think????