Yay, My Discus have laid Eggs

LYNDYLOO

I have been watching my Pigeon Checkerboard Over the past few Days, she has been doing alot of Cleaning on a piece of Driftwood.

Sort of thought I saw her scoot along the piece of Driftwood like she was laying eggs, so had a good look but nothing there.

So did my usual 80% Water Change as I do on a Tuesday in my Discus Tank, I also transferred into the Tank, a Big Discus and a Smaller Discus that I've had in another Tank for the past month or so, as I need to make room for some Killies that should be arriving tomorrow.

Have had the lights turned out for the past couple of hours, thought I had better pop in and check on the 2 Discus that I transferred from the other Tank, well well to my surprise my Pigeon Checkerboard was laying eggs all along the Silicone in the back corner of the Tank.

Seems to be 2 Blue Snakeskins hanging around her, so not sure if they are a threesome or just quite whats going on there really.

Have to say I have noticed alot of tension in the Tank over the past week of so, but I just put it down to, maybe they had reached their Teenage Years :roll:

Fingers crossed they dont eat their Eggs.

This is Mum:

100_0334.jpg

One of these 2 are hopefully Dad

100_0331.jpg

100_0340.jpg

:lol: Phoenix you just cant wait for it can you :oops:

I actually have quite a few tanks out in the Garden Shed that I could clean up and use for a Discus Breeding Tank :bounce:

Then again, I still have my 4Ftr Custom made Tank and Stand sitting out in the Garage Empty, so I could use that also.

So, Sorry phoenix, you WONT be seeing those Fireworks after all :roll: :lol: you will just have to wait till Guy Fawkes wont you :P

yeh. either that, or till when you transfer the 4footer into the house.

hey here's a thought, hows about i get those horrible breeders off your hands. ill even let you give me the tank that will cause so many problems. then way your discus will ahve a good home and will breed well./ :o :lol:

yeh. either that, or till when you transfer the 4footer into the house.

hey here's a thought, hows about i get those horrible breeders off your hands. ill even let you give me the tank that will cause so many problems. then way your discus will ahve a good home and will breed well./ :o :lol:

:roll:

Good luck with breeding the fish and raising the fry :bounce: can't wait till i can get my own discus

Good Try phoenix but I don't think that will be happening somehow :roll: :lol:

N1CK: I have to say out of all the Fish I have, My Discus are my favourite's, I would highly recommend you get some off Discusguru when It's time for you to get some :wink:

And once again Thanks Ron :hail: