companion for seahorse

somethin fishy

I was at the petshop at Kapti today discussing my seahorses with the shop keeper. He suggested that I should consider razing the temp of my tank from 18c to 21c and adding a pair of clownfish.

The seahorses should tolerate this temperature but would the clownfish?

Got me thinking of adding a tropical marine fish to brighten my tank..

Does any one have any other species to recommend? I want to keep the tank as close to 20c as possible.

Hi Guys

I keep my temperature on my seahorse tank between 18 and 20. Would not recommend putting the clowns in as they enjoy large anenomies which will kill the seahorses and will out eat the seahorses. Also they require a totally different set up than the seahorses and i agree it is unatural

I keep one fish in with my seahorses and it is a fish i got from a rockpool. You can get triple stripped blemmies and all sort of other rockpool fish that look very cool, are free and heaps more natural looking. If you want to brighten up the tank what about hermit crabs, or small anenomies (you can get purple ones on the west coast). I also have snapping shrimp, glass shrimp (which may become a snack), sea snails the occasional starfish and some sort of orange sponge. These are great entertainment and have the added bonus of being a clean up crew.

Visit your local rockpools and find a few animals in there that you like.

Failing all that buy some marine rope, its cheap the seahorses love it and its bright yellow!!!!!!!!