Platy spitting

BikBok

I bought two platy from a LFS and they have been in quarantine for just over 3 weeks now.

But both of them are spitting flakes out and then eating all the smaller bits as the flakes fall apart when they spit them out.

I wondered if they had gill flukes and have treated twice with Prazi as per following method:

1.25ml for 20 L tank.

Filter cartridge removed, just wool in the filter.

24 hours in darkness,

30% water change (no gravel in tank)

carbon added

next day another 30% water change and filter cartridge replaced (has some carbon in it as well)

then another 20% water change the day after that.

Repeated 10 days later.

Neither of them stopped spitting after any of the treatments. The male spits most of the time, the female some of the time.

I was planning on putting in the main tank this weekend, but the spitting bothers me .. do they have flukes or is this a fussy platy thing?

They are otherwise looking good, very active and zippy (wow they can move fast)

advice appreciated.

I put the platy into the tank about half hr ago. The betta in there has spent the whole time following them and flaring.. I hope he doesn't attack them!

Looks like I'll be spending the rest of the day watching them .. i don't want to go too far from the tank now.