Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Frontosa flashing. Med advice please.

Featured Replies

My fronts have started flashing over the past week.

Water tests fine.

From what I've read it is most likely flukes. I have adtape and see the dosage is 26ml per 100L, for 3 days.

What I need to know is how much water to change between doses, if it's necessary to do this for 3 weeks, and if the clown loaches in the tank will cope /

I will be able to drop the water level to between 200-250 L from the 450 ish it's at now.

I know this has been covered many times .. and I've read through many historical posts on the subject, but I've read too much and confused my poor little brain :oops: .. so for that I apologise.

TIA.

On the bottom of the tank.

my africans have always done that, i just thought it was showing off. I haven't lost any to sickness so i wouldn't worry about it.

Hi chaat :)

my africans have always done that

I've seen my Africans do it too, especially the Fryeri, with no losses. Like Smidey, I put it down to behaviour.

A couple of questions for you..... :)

How long have you had the fish? How long has the tank been running for? Whats your water change regime? Are your fish doing it in small bursts or is it a constant thing?

  • Author

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've had these since December, they are about 9 months old. The tank has been running since late October ... filter was established on another tank before transferring to this one.

I do a gravel vac and water change of around 30% weekly , and check parameters midweek just for peace of mind.

They have only just started doing it, and they only do it in one spot in the tank. In fact looking at them now, they are chasing each other out of the way to rub in that spot.

Their colour seems normal, and they are eating voraciously as usual.

The clowns are fine .. bouncing around as usual.

Maybe they are just quirky fish.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.