how to storage the water for water change?

nzdiscus

My Tap stores the Water for me, I have Discus too, not sure if you could use Water straight out of the Tap that would depend on the Quality of your Water I guess.

Alot of people use the Big Round Barrels to store their Water, think you can buy them from RD1 or somewhere like Farmlands.

I wouldn't think the Plastic smell would effect the Fish in anyway, unless something has leached out of the Plastic.

No need to store water.

I use water straight out of the tap. If your water quality is good it is perfectly safe to do so.

I use a adjustable nozzle, where I turn it and controls the type of flow. I turn it so the water comes out as almost a mist at high velocity, so that it creates plenty of area for chlorine to evaporate, if there is any at all.

ive just moved to auckland and when i first turned on the tap i thought i was at the local swimming pools as it stunk that much of chlorine to me, im still wondering how im going to do my changes now, to dechlorinate, airate the water or just do more smaller waterchanges.

Our water is awful. Very high in Calcium and Lime. (Descale the normal jug at least once a fortnight) So I use 200ltr plastic barrels with either demin water when I can get it or 2 stage filtered rain water. Got the drums from a meat processing plant and a milk treatment plant. Had to wash them out heaps before I used them though.

The biggest problem at the moment is doing a 50% water change in a 29c tank with 10c water... Roll on summer :-)

Agree with bilbo the water here is very hard and alkaline the africans love it but not so good for the dwarfs.. I use a 200L drum and then filter it through carbon before use.. If I have no rain water I have a 2 stage DI unit that I can use if needed..

Diver21 - when I lived in clark rd I used the water straight from the tap.. I have always used it from the tap the only fish I de chlorinated the water for were discus when I kept them, the breeder said to do it and he had tanks and tanks filled with healthy fish would hate to kill them off or make them sick by being slack and using tap water..