How to clean canister plumbing?

Morcs

I love my canister. Ill probably buy another one to replace the built in unit on my aquaone tank (they are pants)

but

I cannot figure out how to clean the damned tubes.

The rigid ones like the intake tube arent a problem. Its the flexible-rigid long tubes that are about a meter long.

They have a lot of gunk on the inside, and my filter itself never gets that dirty, so Need a way to clean them!

Any ideas/tips?

cheers

The Bonn Brush man has bottle brushes of various thicknesses. Tie one to a long bit of wire. Fluval (or Eheim) make such things you can buy

I use heavy nylon fishing line with a small sinker on the end to feed the nylon through then pull the brush through. I don't do it too often as the hose cleans most of it out. make sure to flush the taps & impellor on the canister to.

Redwood Aquatics here in Christchurch stock a special brush which I keep meaning to pick up. it is $6.95 and is almost a metre long.

They have a listing for it on the auction site, just search fish for brush or tube brush.