A Lighting question?

SamH

:lol: i sure did.

miss the plants, so ive packed it with some not so common types of java fern. fingers crossed they survive, ive never been able to grow it, and if i kill the rare ferns i am sure to be killed.

ill send you a pic when i get my camera back.

What are some plants that worked well for you?
they ALL worked well except for java fern and java moss.

my favourites were anubias hastifolia, the crypt wendtii red, and the tiger lotus.

sag. subulata went mental in my tank and I landed up removing and selling about 12kg of it on here. Ih hoping that I can buy some back if i get another tank next year... when i get another tank next year.. :lol:

indian fern and red ludwigia grew really well and had to be thrown out every week.

i even had some pygmy chain sword that grew well but got hidden under the subulata.

When i put rotala in the tank, i had to remove it, as it grew so fast that i had to take of about 7-8 cms off the top every other day.

So jealous of what you had, my plants aren't doing anything except dying at the moment.

Just sorting out the details for my 4 x 2ft 18w light fittings then I'll have them shipped, (I'm so lazy :lol: )

they ALL worked well except for java fern and java moss.

That's funny because the Java moss I have is doing quite well, but now that I think about it, the Polysperma and Bacopa aren't doing too badly in my 54L.

Where do you get all your plants from?

erm.. i got the crypts off amy in wellington (dave&amy on here), the pygmy chain sword of vinson massif, tiger lotus from someone on here selling it at the time - i forget who, indian fern off someone in auckland.

the other plants, i ordered in through animates here, as i can order them in and take the ones I like :D

just bear in mind, that most plants with the exception of the rotala's are grown emersed, unless otherwise stated, so youhave to wait for them to re grow submersed.

eg- the sag. subulata comes only about 4 cm high and in small bunches, but in a few months it was more than 40 - 50 cm high in some places, and spreads like wild fire.

ps- i never gravel vacced the substrate, so that helped too.