Baby Arowana tank Mates -advice please.

Lynnie

At that age and size, I personally wouldn't have anything else in the tank with the Aro, they're just too easily spooked :( The last thing you want is anything that might encourage that jumping clean out of the tank tendancy that they have.

Yes I have done heaps of reading of these fish. I wanted one for ages but never took the plunge. :lol: so buzzed with my wee fellow.

I have seen heaps of adults aro's down here in the South with tanks full of discus mates. I personally like the look but not keen to take the chance of chop chop my discus.

do many others have theirs with discus.

Yes Spoon downsizing Africans tooooooooooooo many tanks for my house. :lol:

or should i say toooooo many little tanks, :lol: so out with little tanks. :lol: in with big now.

the aro has given me the excuse to go big. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

most medium-large fish will work fine, almost anything that is too big to be eaten, although it does depend on the temperment of the aro. If its not eating pellets you should keep it alone in a smaller tank until it does, train them young and don't spoil them.

Just remember they will grow fast, probably around 1.5-2" per month at that size up to ~20", be prepared for a 2' fish in a couple of years...

thanks David. It does already eat pellets( lucky me). Made sure of that.

I have read heaps of information on these fish but some times the message gets mixed

by others on the net. i would sooner ask the people in the know on here.

What fish do you have with your David?

I am looking forward to the big boy growing old with me. Or should say me being a old girl with a young fish :lol: my kids are aready fighting who will take this when i die :lol: at least with 8 kids i should get at least one to take it on when i have gone. :lol:

so exciting really. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

At moment it is 3ft until i know how good it eats its food. Then into 4ft, then 6ft.(Depends on its growth size to how fast it moves into bigger tank. ) do have room for bigger tank but might have to get a divorce before that happens.

Plan is to down size smaller tank a replace with big ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for your input everyone, so exciting. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Then you can charge admission to the public. Would be an insane MFK project if you decide to undertake it!

Over 2 tonnes of water, now that would be a sight!

ask loopy bout her tank i cant find the pages on here but i think it was 3300l