Tank of male fighters

Adrienne

Just thought I would share a pic of my 12 week old males (or some of them) in their 100 litre tank. Theres 50 odd males in there ranging in size from 4cm down and probably 10 or so females all of the same age of 12 weeks. So far so good, existing peacefully, despite 3 tank changes.

Keeping young males together doesn't always work but these guys are young despite being big fish already.

youngmales.jpg

Wow very very nice fish :hail::hail: I love the blues and purples.

I have no idea how many males and females are in our 540litre community tank, along with dwarf Gourami of all colours, goes against all the rules but if it works, it works.

I also replenish my breeding tanks with nice little coloured ones out of Garry's growout tank, at the moment I have a gorgeous baby blue male living amongst my fry, as I catch them from other tanks I just dump them in, on his head and as far as I know he doesn't eat any :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: He'll stay there until Garry plucks him out for breeding or someone comes along and offers us $$'s :roll: and then he'l be replaced with another sweetie.

Nice one adodge!! What type of fighters are they? :D

don't laugh - I purchased two veiltails - a beautiful blue male from Rotorua and a female from up here in Auckland, she was blue with a bit of red. Both imports. These fighters all show crowning to a certain degree, am sure its from the mother, theres no way the father could have been anything other than full vt. Colours range from blue/black to blue with varying amounts of red in them. They are all stunning.

Are you sure the female is an import? You'll never know what you get nowadays with all the crosses . Some of fighters sold to lfs by importer are actually bred locally :evil:

Agreed - well thats what they said and I would have thought they would know better than to mess with me these days

Totally agreed but when vt starts to show crowning, there is something very wrong :oops:

and whats even worse is that the crowning is better than some of the ct that are around :roll:

However Ron - this is not my seeeeeecret!!! They are still tooo small. :wink: