Astotilapia caliptera

OutOfAfrica

Well,I got to the bottom of it all it would appear. The original parents were in a tank with a rouge male Blue Dolphin and it appears as though some cross breeding occurred with the first batch :roll:

The second spawning was observed by my friend and it was between the two A Cal' ( they were essentially on their own at this point ). So the second batch is OK.

What a bummer, it was hard work getting them in the first place.

I have no idea who got what now either. It was out of my control unfortunately, sorry people :(

It is good to see you will finally admit you made a mistake :) I couldn't believe you would have either..

I did try and contact you on your auction with photos and plenty of others agreeing they were asti x blue dolphins but you wouldn't have a bar of it..

Do you have any idea where they second batch are? I know that illusions are the crosses from matching her photo on auction with what I have, and the last batch you sold on trademe are the same (incorrect) shape and colour as well.

As you said it was alot of work to get them and I would hate to see them lost in NZ due to one little slip up so it would be awesome if someone could get some good ones and get them out there..

Good luck contacting all the people you sold them to and explaining the situation.

It is good to see you will finally admit you made a mistake :) I couldn't believe you would have either..

I did try and contact you on your auction with photos and plenty of others agreeing they were asti x blue dolphins but you wouldn't have a bar of it..

Do you have any idea where they second batch are? I know that illusions are the crosses from matching her photo on auction with what I have, and the last batch you sold on trademe are the same (incorrect) shape and colour as well.

As you said it was alot of work to get them and I would hate to see them lost in NZ due to one little slip up so it would be awesome if someone could get some good ones and get them out there..

Good luck contacting all the people you sold them to and explaining the situation.

I looked up the link you gave with the pic's and had to look into it all. After quite a while chasing things up it appears I got to the bottom of it. Have no idea were the rest have gone, not looking good for these in NZ now :(

The only way I can help out the people who got them is to offer some Brown Haps - that is ALL I have now. The fish room is pulled down and it's all gone.

I was always very careful with breeding etc too, guess thats the risk you take when they end up in someone elses tank.

Well it is good to get the bottom of it, and I am very impressed that you would post up here and admit it :) And the offer of brown haps is equally as good..

I just feel for all the people out there who don't use this forums and think they have Asti. C. in their tanks and might be breeding and selling them around the place, but I guess it is like everything do your own id's so you know what you have.