Spawning numbers

VinsonMassif

I'd say guppys have the most babies and they seem to grow the fastest but platys can also have alot, I once got about 350 babies from 4 females in 3 days :o

• 2 weeks later...

wow there are some big numbers there!

My Golden guppy girl is ready for her first drop - she looks like she's going to burst and I can see the babies inside her.

The father guppy is most likely a snakeskin so hope i get some nice ones. (though I'm not going to try and actively save them ! such is life when the spare tank is being used as a hospital tank already) whatever survive hungry parents and a female betta will be the strong oens lol.

Two managed to survive form my last lot (tuxedo parents) and they're both girls haha.

I class them as delta tailas that is what "the man" gave them to me as.

Sorry Zev just calling them what i was given them as...lol

as in

African Rule Number 1 keep em seperate

African Rule Nuber 2 call em what they are called when you got em

African Rule Number 3 call em by their scientific names

African Rule Number 4 someone will always disagree with rules 1-4

Navarre

Just interested because I have some with double tail males that you can have if you are working on a particular strain, all I wanted to know if we are talking about the same thing!

Never really been my thing...livebearers... but I am finding both them and dwarfs more interesting.

It has been a help to have spoken to some knowledgeable people and start with good fish of course but I am still working on "my" lines

happy to try and get some photos Zev but that is definately not my strong point.....lmao

Navarre