White Fungus on Molly

rox

This beautiful big orange Lyretail Molly has what looks like a white fungus all over the top of her body, looks like she has be coated with a thick film of powder!

Even with my new good as camera I still struggled to get a good shot off her :evil: , any ideas of what it is, how to treat and how contagious it is??? :cry:

sick-molly.jpg

i brought this from wet pets 6-7 months ago i question them at wet pets about it and they said that is how they come they sell them there now

Hey thanks gamefeek101, the white stuff looks really agressive, like you could scrap it off with your fingernail! I have her separated from the others and will keep there until I can get over the look and see that she is well. The meds probably won't do her any harm as she looks like she has a little damage to her lyretail.

I've not seen them like that, actually haven't seen any good Mollies in the Petshops for ages. They are all nice sized fish gamefreek101, thanks.

have had a similar problem with mollies here and it took out almost all my adult fish but babies unaffected for some reason. Furan seems to help. It was super aggressive. Mine had less white coating but also some sore pink areas, however my mollies are white which hides the coating, and your oranges the pink wouldn't show up on so well.

Google information on velvet disease and see if it matches your fish.

No I'm sure its not velvet, :hail: I have seen that on our fighters.

The previous owner has assured me she was like that when he bought her, so I'll keep her quarantined and be sure that she is no worse for wear and then have to decide about the look and if I want her in a display tank :lol: :lol: :lol: Apparently she has lovely offspring :D :bounce: :D

Thanks everyone I'll keep you posted :bow::bow: