Tank Dividers

tukituki

i currently have 3 tanks, and am going down to 2 for the next few weeks. i have 2 female fighters in a community tank, one large male fighter on his own in a small tank, and one young male fighter in a tank full of bristlenoses.

the bristlenose tank is the one to be shut down as we are moving to the other end of the country...

so i would like to put the young male in one of the other tanks (only keeping the breeding pair of bristlenoses, but they'll go in the community tank fine) but feel a tank divider would be best (i hate those little breeding net things, too depressing for the fighters). does anyone know where you can get one of these? i swear i've seen tank dividers somewhere in hawkes bay before but have looked in 2 shops today with no luck! do you have to get them made?

i think it will be fine, i did the same think with mine but it was the other fish who gave him a bad time, you can allways just keep an eye on him and the girls for the first few days and if anything starts going wrong you can get him out again. what are the other fish in the community tank though first, and barbs or other fin nippers?

there aren't many fish left in my community tank! we are moving from hastings to dunedin so decided to sell most of them, and start again once we've got the tanks up and running again. in the community tank are some bristlenose catfish (i think we'll be keeping 5 of them), 1 flying fox, the 2 female fighters, 3 khuili loaches, and a bunch of guppies.