Radar detecter

bulldogod

The problem I have with traffic cops is that they set their radars to standby, and then zap you instantly.

Radar detectors are useless against that.

However, if they keep their radars on all the time, then detecting them is not a problem.

I have noted that the cops on SH 5 like to use the instant on, I got pinged twice by them for going 111km/hr

bustered!!!

thats why I believe in speeding only what you can afford. and don't ever lead

The traffic cops have the radars always on, and regular cops and mufti's can turn it on when they like. cops can also get you when you are behind them with the new radars. good thing is they haven't changed the frequency yet so the older detectors can still pick em up.

that is why I overtake the slow ones until I find one that travels fast enough :wink: :lol:

Cops only get the person in the lead cos they can only pickup 1 car at a time, and the person in front is usually the one to get tagged. if they don't record your speed then they can't do anything, just ask to see your reading.

got a Vally in my S15, and Uniden in S14. but also remember although cops aren't strick on it your not aloud radar detectors. get a Vally if you can afford it, and hard wire it jus above your rear vision mirror so its unseen. you can jus Use the wires from the light in the roof, and run a new wire from the ACC on the ignition.

And if you keep to the speed limit it costs you no extra and you don't have the added expense of having to buy a radar detector! :wink:

Yes and saves you the emotional cost of knowing you have ruined someone's life when you crash into them and kill them because you are speeding. Do you really need to get somewhere so fast it is worth it to risk your own and other people's lives? Wow you must be important.

Yes and saves you the emotional cost of knowing you have ruined someone's life when you crash into them and kill them because you are speeding. Do you really need to get somewhere so fast it is worth it to risk your own and other people's lives? Wow you must be important.

Its not really the need to go fast, i know its no excuse but i was done for 53 in a 50 area in my daily driver a month ago. i know that its technically speeding but a radar woulda saved me a bit of cash then. it just reminds me to look at the speedo which im not keeping my eye on all the time.

its the irresponsible and bad drivers that cause the crashes. there is just as many older drivers that cause crashes as there are "boy racers", its just too easy to get a license. they gave my grandad a new license and this was when i moved in to help him cos he couldn't look after him self, a couple of weeks later he was in a car crash cos he didn't know the proper road rules.

Personally i get more annoyed at people that drive too slow than too fast. which also causes crashes and sometimes death.

Its not really the need to go fast, i know its no excuse but i was done for 53 in a 50 area in my daily driver a month ago. i know that its technically speeding but a radar woulda saved me a bit of cash then.

Far out, I know it is speeding but I had no idea they'd give you a ticket for 3kph over the limit. There is a discrepancy of 4 kph between my speedo and my GPS!

Far out, I know it is speeding but I had no idea they'd give you a ticket for 3kph over the limit. There is a discrepancy of 4 kph between my speedo and my GPS!

Yeah apparently the new discrepancy is 2km now.... down from 8 or 9 whatever it used to be. i think it used to be 4 km's for the speedo and 4km's for the cop radar. still got the original for proof of the speed. i got out of it in the end cos they sent the reminders out to the wrong address. they sent it to house number 291 not 191 lol. with all the reminders they sent out it had racked up to $260.

• 2 weeks later...

the worst one i hate, is when you get to a passing lane, and after following someone for teh last 20 ks doing 80, they suddenly wake up and do 110... then slow down to 80 again after the lane closes.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

i think that there should definately be a penalty for going too slow! i have before been stuck behind a van doing 60 in a 100, with two nanas too scared to overtake behind that! i ended up blitsing past them all in a fit of rage (not the best solution looking back, but what else can you do??)

86kph - what is it with this speed?

I frequently end up stuck behind someone doing this speed in a 100k zone, then you get into a 70k zone, they still do 86k, so unless you want to do the same speed as they are in the 70k zone, they get ahead of you and you by the time you catch up to them there is heaps of oncoming traffic again.

Then you hit the 50k zone, and whilst they slow down a little bit, they are still not doing 50k....

GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.....