The key to successfully growing coralline algae:

RnB

The key to successfully growing coralline algae:

Excellent water quality, low to no phosphate, low nitrates, keep alkalinity towards mid to high end of chart, keep calcium level between 400 to 500 ppm, keep strontium level between 10 and 15 ppm, keep Iodide level between 0.03 to 0.06 ppm, keep magnesium level 1250 mg/L and keep borate level between 1.5 to 2.0 meg/L. In other words keep your parameters as close to NSW.

Do you know that coralline algae does not want or require very strong lighting such as Metal Halide or Power Compacts, with these two types of lighting you will only grow a few strains of coralline algae and it takes a lot longer to establish coralline. The best lights to use to grow coralline algae are VHO URI bulbs.

Coralline algae need good water flow.

Find one rock with lots of different colors of coralline algae out of an established aquarium to seed your tank. Once a day take a tooth brush on the rock to loosen the algae spores. Before you know it, coralline will be all over your tank.

Try doing weekly water changes with a good artificial sea salt.

It does take time to establish coral algae.

finf the one about scrubbing a good rock with a toothbrush each day interesting will try is straight away!

I know everyione says MH are bad, but i get the best growth in the areas where there is shadded MH light, if that makes sense....

others?

this is interesting also

I have had good success with a one time dose of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate), about 1/2 tablespoon per 75 gal. Within a week I have noticed new patches of coraline in ~70% of the tanks I have dosed. Of course these are tanks that I know are not receiving any other magnesium supliments (other than water changes), AND DON'T CURRENTLY SHOW SIGNS OF A NUISANCE ALGAE PROBLEM. If you have algae problems, do not dose this.

If you have a specific rock curing tank, I think this could definately help to seed the rock before putting in the aquarium.

if you let it grow on the front/sides of an acrylic tank... its a bast*rd to get it off......

but i have been told that the process of scrubing it off with the correct acrylic pads does seed the tank well.......