DIY CO2 setup?

SamH

Maybe............

last time i tried I failed miserably somewhere :oops:

EDIT: turns out I have a homebrand 1.25L bottle sitting in my room :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just done do what one of the guys did :lol: I remember someone spraying their walls with a sugar & yeast mix not that long ago.

If you shake the bottle you WILL be a pressure build up

I shake up all my bottles, it'll leak before it explodes because:

1. The gas escapes out the end of an unblocked airline tube

2. The hot glue around the top leaks CO2, especially if the airline tube is blocked

(It would be cool if it did blow though)

I have been using DIY Co2 for a few months and just recently come up with a really good system that works a treat for me. I use a 2.4L bottle and add 2 cups fine sugar, 1 heaped teaspoon fresh yeast (not old yeast and not the bread maker type yeast), a pinch of baking soda and a smear of marmite. I add warm (35 degrees) water to fill the bottle up to about 3/4 full. Then I shake over the sink to dissolve. I then place it in the cabinet next to my warm canister filter and forget about it for 2 to 3 weeks. I have airlines that go to bell diffusors or frits so there is nothing blocking the line - they bubble like mad and all the plants have O2 bubbles within hours! :D

HTH

• 4 months later...