Aquascaped my Tank !

breakaway

Try starting with big plants at the back and small plants at the front.

Try not to use more than 2 to 3 different types of plants, to ensure consistency.

Suggest mini chain sword (mini sage) at the front and hygro at the back to start with. Make sure there are fertilisers in the tank, root and liquid. And ensure there i enough light.

Once the tank is growing well, try other plants that you may fancy. Be warned, not all will survive! Look for the other listings in the plant section on easy to grow plants.

I would not put anymore driftwood in considering the size of the tank.

Hope this helps. 8) 8)

I have to agree with the suggestion to use fertiliser. I just use a weekly dose of liquid fertiliser (I forget which brand, something I brought from the pet store, avoid anything with phosphate in it) and the results are good.

Plenty of light is also useful, but keep the length of time it is on down. I have found that if the light is on for much more than ten hours a day it encourages algae growth.

I also use a home-made CO2 system, but this is over the top and probably not worth the effort unless you are really, really, serious about plant growth.

Also, don't be afraid to move the plants around and to prune them when necessary. They handle it well.

Its very attractive.

What is the grassy plant in the front and the frilly plant at the back please?

Cheers

Jude

Grassy Plant in the front is "L. Mauritius" (Spelling) and frilly plant at the back is 3 bunches of "Ambulia"

I paid through the nose for these plants.

Prices for all plants in the tank:

3 x Twisted Valesneria........................................$9.90

4 x Ambulia.......................................................$10.60

3 x General Plants (The Purple Ones)...................$5.10

1 x L. Mauritius (Spelling)....................................$4.50

Total..................................................................$30.10 :o

Dear god thats expensive :evil:

I never got a credit card ntill just recently (age 22) i don't really see the point in one the only reason i got one now is because i have a have a house that is in a trust that i am the benifactor of and control so it makes it easier deciding what i pay for and what my trust pays for at the end of the month