Do snails eat fish eggs?

xmamx

I am currently trying to breed some neon rainbows with wool mops and there are quite a few snails (the really small brown ones that have a brownish see through shell) on the mops and in the tank. So do these types of snails eat fish eggs?. I think that some eggs have been laid but as the mops move in the water i cant be sure the eggs are still there.

The tank has plants in it and also has green hair algae also (the slimy stuff), so therefore do i tear down the tank and make it completely bare and sterilize the equipment and start again or should these types of snails be ok.

Thanks for your help,

Xmamx :lol:

Thanks guys :D looks like i will be tearing down the tank and starting with a nice fresh clean tank, will be best for breeding and cleaning anyway. Will hopefully have some baby rainbows sometime this year.

Cheers,

Xmamx

• 2 weeks later...

Went to strip the tank down on the weekend and when i pulled out the breeding mops i saw some eggs. Then i looked in the tank and saw a couple of fry :D:D:D:D . I took out the parents and now i have about 20 - 30 fry swimming around, i have been feeding them liquifry and will start me brine shrimp culture tonight. YAY :bounce: