Snails, and plenty of them

sewelld

Hi

I have a plethora of snails, quite small, I think they might be apple snails. They have a white-transparent shell and breed like there's no tomorrow. What is the easiest way to cull them. So far I manage to remove lots while changing the water, but it seems endless.

My plants are now starting to suffer. Some more than others, and I must say they do a good job of turning my plants into sticks and random floating leaves!

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

If you wish to get rid of them, get a couple of clown loaches, they love snails

Hmm... The tank is sort of fully stocked. I've got 2x plecos 3 male guppies, 1 swordtail guppy 6 glowlight tetras and about 6 million snails.

The tank is 600x300x300mm

Would the clown loaches fit and get on?

Try placing a piece of cucumber or courgette in the tank before dark.About an hour or so after dark,pull out the piece of veg and it should have a few on it.Repeat until you have most of them.

Assasin snails are very good at eating them,but the puffer owners may not appreciate this!

Assasin snails are very good at eating them,but the puffer owners may not appreciate this!

shhhhh, gessh do you know the only effective way of getting rid of snails is sending them to a puffer owner to be properly dealt to buy a pair of floating eyes and a ever hungry mouth. :wink:

Yup just a big fatty tum with a mouth and puppy dog eyes oh and rudder

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this forum I can always get a laugh and smile put on my face even on worst down days!!!

This seems to be a race between those who recommend ways to rid via e.g. loaches and those who recommend SEND TO ME I'LL PAY TO FEED MY DARLING PUFFERS... :bounce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caper