May 31, 200917 yr comment_309457 Hi All, I have read much about UV Filtration on the net and am beginning wonder if they are all they say they are. Can someone give me a little advice as to the pros and cons of these filters. What is most reliable, what is not. Do they really do the job they where designed for. Many thanks John M. Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_309477 Pros: can help with green algae problems, but doesn't treat the cause. Can help with waterborne parasites, but doesn't treat the cause. Cons: Costs a lot of money, doesn't do anything that couldn't be done another way 90% of the time. Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_309483 I was thinking about getting one for a hospital / new fish introduction tank. Try to kill off as many nasties as possible when fish are sick / new. Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_309602 I was thinking about getting one for a hospital / new fish introduction tank. Try to kill off as many nasties as possible when fish are sick / new. would this work? as the uv only kills water born germs Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_309623 I have no idea to be honest, but I'd use it in combination with other things such as melafix. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.