How much could YOU set up a 200L tank for?

AquaVitamins

Tank - free - given to me as it was broken - I had another tank the same size that I took a side from and fixed, already had the silicone.

Eheim 2213 - $40

Stand - $20 (loving the bunnings discount)

Light - 2 x 4ft single T8 tubes - free from a garage sale - they were brand new from a closed down petstore.

New bulbs and ballasts - $15 (bunnings again)

Fish - $5 for all the guppies and BN

Plants - $5

=$85 total

Tank - free - given to me as it was broken - I had another tank the same size that I took a side from and fixed, already had the silicone.

Eheim 2213 - $40

Stand - $20 (loving the bunnings discount)

Light - 2 x 4ft single T8 tubes - free from a garage sale - they were brand new from a closed down petstore.

New bulbs and ballasts - $15 (bunnings again)

Fish - $5 for all the guppies and BN

Plants - $5

=$85 total

JEALOUS :o are you constantly on the look out and just buy things in anticipation though? and hoard it until you decide to set up another tank?

I'd do that IF I had my own house...but I'm at the mercy of my mum :-? She still thinks the terrarium's not heated (she'll up the board if only she found out...)

I remember when I was in standard 3 (7years old) I was stoked 'cos I got a 60L tank from a garage sale for $5 - sweet condition, came with gravel and all! Mum and dad had no idea I was over the road bargaining with the people lol

JEALOUS :o are you constantly on the look out and just buy things in anticipation though? and hoard it until you decide to set up another tank?

I guess I just know where to look. Cash converters is a great place to get tanks/filters. There's a 3ft tank there right now for $49, in great condition. I'm going to bargain them down to $30 if it's still there on Monday. I also got an eheim 2213 with media from there for $40, and a 2215 for $25, both with boxes.

Yeah, at the end of the day, they want money and if something isn't selling, some money is better than none. I was surprised when I first saw stuff in there too, but I see it pretty often now. They had a big jebo filter last time I was there.