whats the best fish to eat snails

miffif

:D what the best fish to eat snails in a tank with platys, guppies, bristlenoses and corys. im over run with rams horns

its a 200 ltr and 160 ltr i do have a 600 ltr if the fish get to big. i just want something that wont eat the fish. :D

thanks heaps guys for that i just brought some more bristlenoses today for my other tank and now my golden female and normal male look like they are trying to mate they picked a great time after i got more

Clown loaches are fantastic snail-eaters and great community fish. The fact that you have a 600 litre tank to move them to as they grow means you are one of the few people I know who actually has the right conditions for clown loaches! Now I'm jealous! :o :lol: :hail::wink:

I used to have a lot of snails, but haven't seen a single one in the years that I've had the clowns. I have even introduced plants from other tanks that I know for sure have baby snails and eggs on them, but still no sign of snails in my tank.

how big are your snails? I found it took a while for my 10 chain loaches to take down Ramshorn snails but they couldn't consume the larger (big oval snails) fast enough so I added a couple of zebra/striated loaches which seemed to have done the job.

You could also just use one of those snail traps that you empty every morning if you're worried about loaches eating small fish fry?

hth

Nooooo.....Give me your bank a/c details, I'll deposit some money for postage, and send them to me! I don't have enough, and my puffers need them!

Did you want to bring around a bag to get some more we have cleaned out another tank and have quite a few more if you want them