Keeping Borneo Tigers

Simian

As there are some tigers on the PT&E for a pretty good price I thought I'd see how they would go in my 5' tank.

Currently have:

1x Gold Severum

1x Uaru

1x Ornate Polypterus

1x Geo Altifons

1x Satanoperca

Some Pleco's of various types

and some Kribs I chucked in as feeders which my Ornate seems uninterested in

Good sized tank 1500x600x600, running 2 canister filters

They are all to big to be eaten, just not too sure on the aggression and I want to make sure my Ornate still gets his share of food.

My Dats are fine in with the 2 polys ive got, mind you the smallest dat is probably 15cm now. Have lost full grown convicts and a ?12cm green terror... Blaming the polys for that tho :) Dats seem pretty sweet once established.

My dats dont seem outwardly agressive, but they can definately hold their own if they are being hastled and will have a go back.

I assume you were thinking of going for those two up in auckland... Id say buy them and ill have them if they dont work out... actually that is a bad idea cause then id need atleast a 6 foot tank!

Yeah have been not very active on the forum of late, well not really an active poster anyway, more of a watcher... fish have taken a bit of a back seat of late which is a shame, but just had other stuff on.

I agree with Duncan, they should be fine in your set up, I've got a 13" and a 5" IT in with geophagus, uaru, ornate and my green aro. One of the biggest things would be to try find ones with good colour and that eat pellets, my big one only eats shrimp and its a bit of a pain.

• 2 weeks later...