sick betta

Caryl

I had a call from Paula, in Texas, who has a Betta which was well until she fed it (Tetra flakes, as she usually does). The next morning it was very bloated and floating on its side at the surface. Do Bettas get swim bladder problems or could it be constipation?

I hear there is a cure using Epsom Salts. Can anyone tell me the dosage, or have any other suggestions?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Depends on what sort of plecostomus it is. If it is actually a bristlenose catfish then it is Ancistrus sp.

A large plecostomus is usually Hypostomus plecostomus and a reddish spotted one with a large dorsal fin (aka red sailfin plec) is Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps

oh riteo then. :D .the last plecostomus i had was dark brown with goldy spots but he got to big for my tank so i had to trade him in at wetpets for another.the ones i get grow to 12inches long so which would they be?oh and the ones you see well the bigger versions of my smaller one when hes all grown up are they called something else cos at wetpets i saw a big plecostomus same as mine but bigger but couldnt find the name plecostomus of any sort on the tank just the other fish?can anyone help?