TUNZE COMLINE BIOFILTERS - HELP ! (Please)

Aquatopia

Hi folks,

I purchased a Tunze Comline 770 filter on TM a while ago. Its tall, 11cmx11cmx30cm and powered by a Tunze Turbelle 701 powerhead. The construction seems to be in three chambers - the lower one housing the pump, the middle one has what looks like siporax granules and the top chamber houses a bell shaped plastic container which has a replaceable filter wool insert. From what i can deduct the water is sucked in by the powerhead, which is inverted and located in the lower chamber. It enters via a strainer and goes direct to the top chamber where it is sucked through the bell filter and then goes down a tube in the middle which seems to feed direct to the impeller of the powerhead to be sent back to the aquarium.

On the outside of the middle section there is a round access grill which is removable and from which the siporax like media could be removed. It currently has a piece of thin plastic wedged in place by the grill.

Im trying to find out exactly how the water will flow through the biological section.

Can anyone enlighten me ?

Thanks in advance.

I will try and get some pics done to help in what I am trying to describe (badly, lol)

I've spoken to him. The best he can do is order parts - he knows nothing about TUNZE stuff except streams and a few of the skimmer products for saltwater. Its understandable if people dont buy much TUNZE product here in NZ but disappointing from a distributor nevertheless - but at least he was honest. Looks like I will have to call Europe to find anything out :-(