Fresh Water fish available in NZ

xmamx

This may have been asked before, but is it possible to list all the current fish available in NZ (there would be heaps). We could seperate into catagories and people could post pictures (like the plant thread) of the fish that are around. Obviously it would be a large thread but it could be put on the sites main page so people could see what fish they would like for their aquariums, this could also include water conditions etc so people could plan different types of tanks etc. I know this would be a large task, but it would be great for all the nz fish keepers. :lol:

I don't know if it would happen, to me if someone sees fish for sale on here or in a shop they will go and do their own research on the net so all the info is already out there there is no point in doing the research and reposting it all here..

If it helps (and it is by no means a reflection of what is actually in NZ) here is the list of allowed fish.

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/imports/ ... ic.all.htm

It changes all the time. There is a difference between what is allowed and what is available. "Current" depends on what the importers have brought in recently.

Some fish that are allowed, and used to be everywhere, are now very hard to find. This will get worse as more fish are banned as imports and less people breed what they have.