White Butterfly Discus strain

Dave+Amy

OMG do they not have caudal fins?? - or is it just my poor vision? that's just cruel....

so how many generations would you expect to back track before they all become pure White Butterflys?

dear amy...white butterfly first generation will be more like cobolt....2nd generation (pure inbreed) will become more clean....

lol.. yep they sure are.

you should see the heart angels. sold as valentines day gifts... sell like hot cakes.

that's so sad! the worst thing being people on auction sites buying fish 'cos they look good but have absolutely no idea how to take care of them (or even care to)

• 4 weeks later...
called butterfly discus or heart discus

thus the shock horror outcry, lol.

http://www.angelfire.com/id/ttdiscuscenter/

I love how they call it a new strain recently developed when in fact they mean its a genetic mutation that should have been culled but some greedy git thought they'd call it something soppy sounding and try and make a quick buck. Goes in the list of undesirables along with dye injected fish, parrot cichlids and munchkin cats as far as I'm concerned. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shame they have called it that actually cos the description of what Dave + Amy describes sounds lovely.

thanks Aquatopia yea it was one of my favourites. also thanks for the info DAuckland about how you get create a white butterfly i had wondered that before.

you know dave+amy they're imported hormone-free so you can breed them straight away ay? *wink wink* :bounce: