Taranaki Club.

minchton

It is proposed to hold an informal get together at 21 Maire Street Inglewood Tuesday 10th March 7.30pm to gauge the interest in reviving the local club. This is a no obligation meeting, more a "meet and greet" session. Please advise if you wish to attend and please bring your friends. Phone (06) 7567 521

So how did the meeting go ?

I think it was generally decided that we had enough interest to have another meeting next month and actually discuss the details of re-starting the club. So if there is any other locals that are interested, watch this thread.

Ian

That is good news that taranaki starting up agian. I have some great memories of some of the interclub trips between Waikato and Taranaki clubs. Best of luck with club

Dave

Waikato Aquarium Soc President :D

• 1 month later...

Well we had our second meeting last night. What a dissapointment!. Thanks to Muzza and Tony for turning up.

After the enthusiasm last meeting I thought we were on the way, but only having 2 people turn up doesnt bode well for the future. I am hoping that it was just a case of forgetfulness or maybe the result of a long weekend with school holidays as well.

Not to give up easily we will try again on Tuesday 12th May 7.30pm 21 maire Street Inglewood. Please if tuesday night is not suitable let me know.

Come on folks, mark this date in your diary

How far from Wellington is it to the meeting ? If i can get there and back I'd be happy to come talk at the meeting for you on behalf of the FNZAS if you want. or the time after whenever suit you guys , its an open offer.

I am hoping that it was just a case of forgetfulness or maybe the result of a long weekend with school holidays as well.

Sorry - Guilty as charged for both reasons :oops: It IS marked on the calender now.

Billaney, allow about a 4 hour drive from Wellington to New Plymouth, depends on the time of day (Wellington traffic which you will know about)

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Keep trying you will have the odd flop. Here's a copy of some advice I gave to the Palmy people, for what its worth.

VENUE IS SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!

The days of sitting in a dusty old hall sipping cold cups of tea are over, people want to be somewhere warm and comfortable.

It should have something to stimulate conversation and spark interest, whether it is a display tank or a breeding setup to tie people together and allows people to chip in their ideas and experiences.

ORGANISATION IS VITAL

People will be traveling and are on the whole very busy, the biggest turn off is to show up somewhere only to find the plan has changed or you forgot something important.

Plan well ahead of time, allow people time to book in, you will have to chase them up and make sure that they are very aware of dates and times, never just show up and play it by ear, it will turn to custard very fast as people try and push their own point of view.

If you have been chosen to lead then lead. You will know very quickly if you have chosen incorrectly just by watching peoples reactions, learn from it and make it better next time.

SHARING IS KEY

Give away live food cultures, batches of fry for people to grow out, plants whatever.

If you do this you will start to get some fantastic community feeling, offer any gear to club members first if you can.

I would suggest that you set a rule, If something is given freely it can only be passed on freely not sold. If you get given some fry to grow out, the next generation is fair game but if you intend to sell something that is given to you it is only fair that you check with the giver first.

I hope this helps, and I wish you well :bounce:

If you want to do a road trip or a joint visit...maybe a molly hunt?? let us know.

Owen Lingard

President W.A.S.

Waikato Aquarium Society

Ask me how to join