TROPICAL BLUES STOCKING NATIVES.

Sharkie

Was in tropical blues yesterday and got talking to mark and he tells me they will be stocking koura,bullies,inanga etc aparently them and hollywoods are the only ones who will be doing it in the north island.the bullies have great colour from what he told me and the crays are aparently a very good size.

Their is a guy in raglan who breeds them he has been for quite a few years but i think he had to get through allot of red tape to get a licence to allow him to sell them.as part of the deal he also has to put back a certain % of what he has breed into the area.

Their is a guy in raglan who breeds them he has been for quite a few years but i think he had to get through allot of red tape to get a licence to allow him to sell them.as part of the deal he also has to put back a certain % of what he has breed into the area.

You mean Charles Mitchell?

Yeah, that will be Charlie Mitchell, probably through Mahurangi Tech (in Warkworth)

What species are you wanting to get?

Check the temp of your outside tank. My (indoor) native tanks are sitting around 22 degrees which is NOT good. Under 20 is preferable.

have already done it and on our hottest day it gets to 20 so should be fine.also has plenty of current as the tank sits on the edge of the pond on a slight angle and water is pumped from the pond into the tank which then flows down the front glass of tank back into the pond looks very cool.

sounds neat, I would like to see a pic!

Great that the temp is suitable.

Would you stock the pond with natives too? They are good at escaping. ALL of them are. Be careful that they can't get out of the system altogether (like out the other side of the tank).