Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi's

malawi_man

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing if you only have a pair is to house them in a large tank with a clear divider to stop the males harrassing the female, as you only have one females. Feed them well with brine shrimp etc 2/3 times aday getting heaps of protein into them. once you see the female ova bulging its time to remove the divider and let them do their stuff. makes sure theres lots of hiding places. When she finally holds just note the date and remove her after 20 days. Peacocks are slow to develope. Dont be surprised if she spits the eggs a couple of times. It takes them a few times to get it right. Get another tank ready if she is still holding after 20, fill with same water and place her into the holding tank. If she a good mother she will not spit them. DO NOT force them out and after awhile they get used to it and will spit when ever stressed.

Any way thats just how i do it and it has worked well for me. Good luck. Have you seen the parents. Hope they arent cross breeds.

I usually strip at 14 days, they are free swimming & big enough to eat baby brine shrimp. Stripping is easy once you have done it a couple of times. I usually raise fry in a breeders net/or homemade container, for a few weeks then raise them in a seperate 2 foot tank, with the same water from the parents tank.

What type of Jacobs are they??

Stripping; Catch female with as little strees as you can, I use 2 nets. Hold female(wet hands) in bucket with water from main tank, using a tooth pick or match stick, (using the flat part not the point), push down gentle on the bottom lip to hold mouth open. gentle rock female back & forth.

You will see the free swimmers come out of her mouth. continue till all are out. Keep fry in a breeders net in parents tank, or if you have an empty tank place em in there with water from parents tank.

If you strip at 1 week fry will be head & tails with egg sack, I like to leave to 2 weeks, they are free swimming, easier to care for.

Frenchy :D