NZ justice? how does it work?

Silvia-15

im really shocked that the lawyer would tell him to plead guilty, thats pritty bad. i would go with the not guilty card and wave it as much as i can. its pritty bad how the public justice system works how it takes so unbeliveably long to process and could end up in a cell for weeks while you wait for the paperwork to go through.

if cops said they had a call and need to make an arrest...just an idea but male could of said ok well i want to press charges against the women for assault. more chance of case been thrown out if like that and if male not guilty and she is then why not?

most men wear it on the chin when assaulted and get over it but women that take advantage of the system deserve to be held accountable for there actions imo

That sounds WRONG! Its normally the way thou, girls are SO innocent .... NOT! (especially the ones I know!)

lol no surpise there hun :lol: :lol: :lol:

so is there any actual evidence? from what I have read she had no physical signs of abuse (sorry if I missed something) - so it all comes down to her word against his ...

I definitely agree with the notion to not accept guilt surely the "girl" that cried wolf will not win in modern society?

are we still that primitive?

I personally do not condone physical violence at any level - there is always other ways to resolve matters

agreeing with those saying to fight it.

one extra reason: every time you apply for a job or anything you have to say you have a conviction. I think violence ones are not clean-slated after seven years.

"she started it" is not a very good excuse/reason.

MAKE SURE your friend has photos of his injuries!!! Not only ASAP but also if there is bruising etc take subsequent photos as the length of time it takes to heal is significant.

Now tell him he is bloody lucky to be out of that relationship!

Diversion works on the bases that no-one can see it... Unless your job requires it e.g a primary school teacher or police officer those details wont be released.

However some employees are now asking have you ever had diversion... up to you because they will never really find out...

Also tip...

TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR NUCKLES AND HANDS!!!

is they said you hit them hard or even at all, you will get swelling and brusing on your hands... ask the officers to take photos of your hands and get them dates and signed... easy and can save allot of hassle