snakeneck and reeves

slevin12

Last year I got a great bargain and got a 4 yr old female reeves and a 4 yr old snakeneck from a certain site for $200 for both...but thats pretty extreme. :D Also ended up with 4 snakenecks from someone on here for $150, if I took the 3 RES as well, which I did. The most extreme I paid for snake necks was $200 each for my first two. They were 3 yrs old...and it was more of a 'rescue' purchase. 18 mths later I'm still working on their really soft shells and encouraging them to eat more than just ox heart which is all they'd been fed before I got them. You could kind of 'squeeze' top and bottom shell together a bit like a meat pie... :cry: Can also push on certain scutes and have it move on its own...sort of spongy. :o But they are definately loads better then they used to be. Around $150 tends to be average for snakenecks and $300 for a baby Reeves here. I got a male Reeves from a friend for $150. He's about 4 yrs old now too, but he's very little compared to the female. They'd paid $300 for him as a baby. Theres a few snakenecks around for sale at the moment, but haven't seen a Reeves for awhile. :)