guess what happened to us...on Xmas Eve!

Dave+Amy

Came home from work to find our mountain bike stolen :o think it's the kid next door who always looks up our driveway and into our property (watched him once from upstairs) and has REALLY questionable mates...

Really sux big time..was an expensive bike and borrowed!

Oh guys that really sucks, hope you can enjoy Christmas and that the insurance company will come to the party re the bike!

Yeah dave+amy that sucks :( Sorry to hear about your bike, its a real shame that nothing is safe these days.. Keep an eye out for it and on your other property, and hopefully the police/insurance company come to the party..

Make sure it doesn't ruin your christmas there are still some good people out there and family is more important :)

MysticVampyre - can fully understand that feeling! During my exam period my lil dog fell down the stairs slipping a disc in her back causing her not to be able to poo for almost 4 days...$600 later from being at the Vets for 2 days she came right :o I was dirt poor for the next few weeks of uni!

We're on the look out on TM for it and I doubt the insurance would cover it since we borrowed it, we'll just have to save up and buy Dave's dad another bike :roll: ...hard lesson learnt!

• 1 month later...

We're on the look out on TM for it and I doubt the insurance would cover it since we borrowed it, we'll just have to save up and buy Dave's dad another bike :roll: ...hard lesson learnt!

Hey guys,

Shame about the bike but if you have standard householders contents insurance, there is usually an extension in your wording known as "PCCC" or property under your care custody or control. Different Insurance companies have different limits, usually around the $2000 mark

Its not too late to claim if you havent already.

Hope that helps

haven't found the bike but the bike is about 10yrs old now so it wouldn't be worth $2000? Dave told his dad and we're now saving up to buy him a new bike..and also contemplating about installing some security cams around the driveway and house

Sorry, confusion I think.

Most Insurers will pay UP TO $2,000 for property not belonging to you but which you were responsible for.

A good deterent as well are plenty of sensor lights and those fake cameras :wink:

• 4 weeks later...