copperband

RnB

If you read the info on UR/RC about copperbands there are lots of stories about them nipping corals but no-one has actually seen it or owned one themselfs. I think its a myth, I know people with CBB over 5 years old in reefs no problems.

Reefs comments are right, they are medium/difficult to keep but the problem most people have is sticking them in reeftanks with too many other agressive fish and they shy away, don't get a chance.

They also eat all the little worms and feather dusters, crabs etc which I think is a big negitive.

Chimera - Bangaii are easy if you get a healthy specimen, if they live past the first month you should be good. I have 2, both are over 18 months old.

Sailfin tang, easy (as easy as all tangs) get large. Mine is a bueat.

PBT - Mine is almost a month old, fighting with whitespot. They are considered medium/hard, so far no problems here except it got picked on by the yellow tang and blue tang for a few days, but now all is well (I have 6 tangs).

No experance with angels.

Good luck

Pieola

I've been down the juvenile emperor angel in a reef road, I would never do it again. Picked at almost all my leathers constantly.

Bangaiis tend to be difficult now for some reason. Late 90's they were bullet proof, damsel like fish. Now they seem to be affected by some disease now, it's really really strange.

Powder Blue, great fish, bit shy at first, but can become aggressive when established, feed well and you'll have no problems. Like Pies said, they seem to be more susceptible to whitespot than other tangs, but nothing to be too worried about.

I'd say go powder blue or majestic. both look impressive, and are reef safe.

Layton

I'm interested to see how my tangs get along as the get larger, who will win?

Blue eye vs. Yellow vs. Blue vs. Sohal vs. Salifin vs. PBT

There can be only one.

(god I hope not)

Pie

PS: Considering adding a purple and kole too:)

Hey Chim-

I don't know if there are some available up north at the moment, but Redwood has a really nice juvenile. I thought about buying it myself, but am battling a really nasty bit of white spot. :cry: :evil: :cry:

When I was checking him out, he was eating amazingly well (not skinny at all) and not a spot/mark on him. Unfortunately, I can't remember the price, but I obviously didn't think it was too bad since I wanted to buy him myself.

Cheers,

Steve

I didn't think it was a risk, I thought it was a sure thing? You often see these fish in reef tanks as juv. but how many adults you see in established reef tanks? None.

Then you get to a question, what do you do? Do you sacrifice all of your coral to keep the fish? Unlikley. So you will either have to kill it (hey! Then you could put another juv. in) or find a home for a large non-reef-safe fish, just like all those big fish like plicostomas, pacu etc I see everytime I visit our local fish shops.

Nice looking fish though.

Pie

Chimera, the emperor angel, is a no go in a reef. he will love your coral.

Better to try majestic, regal, maybe blue face. but even these might get a taste for your coral.

My regal and majestic are fine so far. but it is early days.

thanks reef, just been reading about angels on various web sites. there are so many differing opinions, but the general consensus was the adult emperor was more prone to picking at corals - both lps and sometimes even sps. other sites said the regal is less likely to nip, love this fish too. perhaps i go with one of these instead. cheers