Been awhile.....

kiwijaydee

Not exactly new, but not exactly been around for awhile!

Have been tankless and non-fishkeeping for some time now, as had a big move. Sold all the tanks, and found new homes for all the fishies -- some of you may have some of them still! All the Fronts went to Auckland, Puffers stayed in Chch, Birchir went to Tawa, etc etc.

Well, I'm back and I'm living in Wellington now, and couldn't help myself. So bought a 5x2x2 and filled it up with South American Cichlids... and, being the person I am, managed to last a month, and now I've got a new 4ft. :lol: Which I'd like to make a nice happy peaceful community tank where no one tries to eat each other. :roll: We'll see how that goes, she's cycling now.

So, I'm going to stop lurking, and start posting!

Cheers guys

Jaydee

I just looked at my post and realised I made a typo.. it's Palembang.

They're a freshwater puffer, relatively good sized, amazing personalities. :) Managed to teach Harry to respond to pellets as treats, lil man would absolutely love the things. I only managed to take bad photos of them, but there are waaay better available on the net. Example of my photography:

CIMG0302.jpg

:lol: That's Harry after a meal... He was the largest, most active puffer of the three.. I think he was about 12/13cm when he went to the new home.

They're the kind of fish I would never mind getting again!!

From the sound of it, theres none. :o How horrible for Mr and Mrs L!

RIP Harry. He actually taught my ex that it *was* possible to fall in love with a fish, and made it totally possible for me to have so many tanks and spend so much money! Not sure how I'm gonna break that one to her!

That's one thing I was always paranoid about -- the heater. My heater stopped working once in the puffer tank, but because I have the habit of touching every tank I pass, every time I pass it, I caught it quickly and the crisis was averted. But even just the heater not working for a little bit really affected them and I nearly lost them. I got to the point where I'd even get up and walk to the tank just to check the heater was working.

I've obviously missed some things, I must start trawling through the threads sometime. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey Jaydee! :)

Well some good news:

Heres yur girl! (well havent checked if its a girl actually!) but Mystic called her Amy (as in Amy Lee from Evanescence) and shes prolly 2ft or so now? Pix dont show her true size, I will see if Mystic can take some more of her, these ones are old ones shes so much bigger now! :o

She was raised in a 6ft, then went into the 8ft once she got to a decent size.

She's Mystic's baby! :)

Your welcome to come round anytime for a coffee and see her, Mystic's always home.

06-12-07----7---Small-_580x435.jpg

06-12-07----13---Small-_580x435.jpg

06-12-07----12---Small-_580x435.jpg

22-03-08----22---Small-_580x435.jpg

17-06-08----3---Small-_580x435.jpg

17-06-08----24---Small-_580x435.jpg

19-06-08----16---Small-_580x435.jpg

22-03-08----125---Small-_580x435.jpg

Lucid & Mystic

She's grown up so well! hehehe She's gorgeous, great to see her again. She's the only fish that ate more than Harry in the household. ;)

Thanks for the good news. I told my ex about Harry, and I think even she is surprised that she's upset. One day me thinks I'll get her a puffer, as a present. :bounce:

I'll have to organise to go out and visit you guys some day!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi & welcome back!

The pics that Ballistic posted, the first pics...is that an orante birchir :oops: :cry:

I tried to read the site about the puffers but I got "page not found", just as well since it apparently was sad news.

Take care and have fun,

Caper