Pictures of your Frog Tanks?

Rozski

i havent heard mine make ane noise at all (other than netting them to put them in this tank) so im guessing they must be female, mine swim around a fair bit and during the warmer months are very active even if they are not chasing food(1 of our cats will watch them for hours ,she has her own chair in front of the tank, wilson, i think has had his frog (no longer has it) croaking all nite i think his was a golden bell , mine are southern bells. i tried my luck with whistlers didnt have a lot of sucess didint see them very much at all either but dont let that put u off as plenty of other people keep them sucessfully. with the bigger frogs its easy to provide a variety of food as well (not just fruitflies,ants and whiteworms like whistlers) main thing i guess is set up of the tank clean water and places to hide being important also robust plants as they will get trampled

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have committed myself now :oops:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=186795928

Whistling or Bell....Whistling or Bell.... :lol:

And love the idea of the fresh water mussels in the water area too!

Thanks for the pics too reptilenut, its cool you have the live plants in there. Thats what appeals to me most, being able to go out and get live plants from wherever to put in there (which you can't do in aquariums...)

yeah oops, I was getting water misters mixed up with ultrasonic foggers. Would love a fogger (my flatmate even has one, which hes refusing to sell to me :roll: even tho he doesn't use it haha), but wouldnt want to buy one (from where? ebay is the only place I have found them) if its just going to clog. :wink: :lol:

ive seen exoterra misters on tm before and i have a random feeling hollywood fishfarm stock them but thats a long shot but maybe worth a try, theyre online.

:bow: well thats it for me im inspired.. tomorrow a new/upgrade tank begins :bow:

any tips on the rain chamber - misters or spinklers and or does it need to be high pressure?

just a fluval spray bar and you want it to squirt/dribble like big raindrops. Tank not heated in dry mode, but put a heater in the water for wet...you can even download calls of the net and play them to the frogs....funny, but it works. Set the filter on a timer to come on at 10pm for 4 hours...a midnight downpour.

You can raise taddies in there, but easier to take out.

Wow, impressive tank there

Ooo, another question. How long do tadpoles take to morph into frogs?

tadpoles form the same spawn morph at diff times...maybe nature's way of making sure they are not all competing for food?

28C average 5-6 weeks

20C 10 -12 weeks

This is aurea, have not done raniformis, and you should NOT heat whistlers. They can survive as taddies at 3C up.

ultrsonic foggers can be brought at bunnings most of the time but shop around sometimes you get lamps on trademe for 35 that can be broken to get the fogger bit out , ignore what brand it is buy the cheapest you can find (secondhand not reccomended) as they are all made by 1 company in china aneway i.e exoterra mite be $100 while u mite find a deco one brand for $50 different box identical product

I want :D

OK questions, hmmm.... Do your bell frogs make any noise? I was considering getting whistling tree frogs, but the bigger bell frogs are quite cool too, nice colours in yours

So apart from the occasional water change, rescape, catching/feeding frogs, is there anything else to know?

Do your frogs move around much? go for swims? or sit still 99% of the time?

I have two southern bells and at least one is a male as we have heard some croaking, but not much.

they have been really active, although were shy to begin with. And are the most fun to watch at feeding time.

Only other thing I can think of is to keep an eye out for fungal growth in the tank and remove it, but I havent had any issues with this. Pretty easy pets really - feed, change water, and watch contentidly for hours :)

I have 2 whistling tree frogs :D They are too cute

At the moment they are boarding in my 36 litre perspex tube aquarium. The guppies that were in there got short shifted into my nano planted (no other fish in it anyway) and all I did was empty the water down to the bottom so theres half gravel, half pond. Left the driftwood and java fern in there

My terrarium arrived today too :bounce: Wish I could have fun setting it up, but I have already spent too much time emptying the tube one out today. Need to study for tomorrows exam :oops:

Will they eat any of the tiny snails left in there?