Pictures of your Frog Tanks?

Rozski

anyone got scaped frog tanks? can you post photos?

Am considering setting up my spare little tank to house whistling frogs, but as much for the fun of scaping with wood and moss and plants as for having frogs lol.

Just wondering what other people had for setups...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/frog-tank-photos-vt28719.html

my tank doesnt look like this ane more as it its and old photo and i have 2 female paradise fish instead of axies in the bottom now.

you can handle frogs they dont like it much tho, make sure your hands are wet first or you can damage their skin also wash your hands afterwards as they can carry salmonella. the first pics of the tank on the link the tank has a false floor so there is water under the moss keeping it humid some people keep heaters under there 2 depending on the species a mister is(not ultrasonic) is something id like to make also lover the idea of the moss wall may have to give that a go i already have some java moss creeping up a bit of bogwood out of the water i wish we could keep frog like that here!

What beautiful frogs

awww, i'm going to miss mine whent hey go.

Mine are currently in an asymmetrical terrarium with mesh lid and lamp in one corner, a removable pond for easy cleaning (too small for an actual filter) sphagnum moss flooring (layer of gravel then dirt then moss), patches of rocks for sitting on and a branch covered in leather leaf fern for climbing on/hiding under, also two other small potted ferns (one gets sat on so is rather flat).

all looking fantastickly green and leafy = green frogs (am loving their colour changing habits) :bounce:

Looks awesome, though its a shame the 'whole tank' pic is small, I'd love a closer look!

And didn't you have a mister in there? Why can't you use ultrasonic misters?

yeah i hadnt quite worked how to use photobucket back then, in the photos i had an ultrasonic fogger but they dont last long a small amount of hardness in the wate will eventually stuff the membrane and they arent cheap to replace other thing is they heat the water a bit. really want to try the moss wall so im going to use a car windscreen washer pump to power so misters at the top and just cycle water thru from the bottom of the tank have it on a timer to mist twice a day

yeah oops, I was getting water misters mixed up with ultrasonic foggers. Would love a fogger (my flatmate even has one, which hes refusing to sell to me :roll: even tho he doesn't use it haha), but wouldnt want to buy one (from where? ebay is the only place I have found them) if its just going to clog.

Feel free to share said location of tadpoles with me too Stella :wink: :lol:

I want :D

OK questions, hmmm.... Do your bell frogs make any noise? I was considering getting whistling tree frogs, but the bigger bell frogs are quite cool too, nice colours in yours

So apart from the occasional water change, rescape, catching/feeding frogs, is there anything else to know?

Do your frogs move around much? go for swims? or sit still 99% of the time?