BN wrigglers

thanks. So it's takes 5 days for them to hatch and then 5 days for them to use up all their egg sack thing?

Yep, that's how mine do it, and by day 12 they are all out of the cave and doing their best to survive the community tank. If I want to keep any to grow on I usually remove them from the cave before they start to roam.

It sounds like they'll be safe where they are but moving them is no biggie. I siphon them out into a bucket, making sure that there's water in the bucket before I start to suck fry and being careful to keep the bucket end of the hose underwater so the fry flow into the bucket rather than fall.

How long before I can put food in the cave for dad as he hasn't eaten in a while.

Like to know this too as i was trying to find my boy last night and i think he's got some babies with him, saw possibly 3 about the 1cm mark. Haven't seen him out for a while.

I've movede the babys to a breeder trap but they're not eating :-? . they have no orange egg sack under them so why aren't they eating. Also how many babys do you ussually get from each spawn of BNs? I counted 48 but the dad fanned the eggs out a few times and I saw the mum eating them :evil: but I don't know how many she ate.

I've put a algae spirulina (sp?) tablet, bbs and courget in but the don't seem that interested. I'm only going to get them to a fairly decent size (1.5cms) and then they can go back in the tank.

i have never moved my fry and get about 50 each time. quite often once the first lot are out and about, dad's back under the driftwood with another lot of eggs :roll: :lol:

the young ones end up all over the place and seem to be eating the algae of the stones, plants and glass.

also in their tank are guppies, swordtails and , over winter, WCMM.