Filter frustration!

paekakboyz

After running sweet as for ages my Jebo 819 has decided to get all iffy... I had done a big rearrangement of plants etc and wanted to clear out all the debris that had collected in the filter (daltons dust etc).

Cleaned etc and put back together as per usual. No abnormal wear on the impellor, rubber fittings etc and hoses are all clean also.

I started it back up and I cannot stop it rattling!

tried tilting in case it was an air pocket - no good.

Checked out the pipes and seal again - no good.

Have followed my usual process at least 6/7 times now over a few days and just cannot get it to settle down. Normally it'd spit out a bit of air as the air bubbles worked through but not this time.

Throughout the year I'd been thinking about 'future proofing' my filter! ie I really want a bigger tank (have a 4ft 360L at the mo) and was considering going right up to a FX5 or similar. Overkill on this tank but would give me options down the line.

I think I needed a rant as well :oops:

but there is this special on at a LFS for the FX5.... soooo tempting yet so hard to hide from the missus!!

You have my sympathy, paekakboyz. My eheim filter did the same about a year ago - I had had it for a couple of years and was pleased with how QUIET it was after some of the noisy filters I used to have. Then one day after I cleaned it, it started rattling. I tried EVERYTHING to make it stop - but still it rattled. It just about drove me crazy.

Anyway about six months ago we moved house and of course moved the tank & filter. No more rattle. I have no explanation for it.

Sorry I can't offer any advice - just sympathy!