Strange plant or animal or Something

handofgod

Ok, i have a weird "something" growing in my tank.

It looks like a plant but red in colour and at the moment it looks like bloodworms that are vertical,

one would suggest a plant... right? or could it be algae?

However These wee things are very sensitive to touch and are light reactive, they shoot back down under the stones and then come out when they feel safe.

They are about 2 cm long from the stones and currently living in my tropical tank in a cave with my fresh water crayfish.

One person has said it could be baby crayfish as i have a few in there, but i was in the understanding that they carry their eggs under their tails.

Please could i have some advice, is there anywhere in this forum i can post a pic of it?

Anyway cheers.

John

possibly tubifex worms, they get to a couple of inchs long but generally only see 10-20mm sticking up out of the substrate.

they also retract and hide in substrate/gravel etc when disturbed, nothing really to worry about if it is infact them, if you over feed the fish often the worms start appearing more ive found, otherwise hardly see them.

hth