help with the name of a fish please?

karynjoy

I saw some fish on the internet that were in a community tank and they had the head one colour and the tail another colour i think they were yellow and purple or orange and purple and were called something like traffic lights. Ijust tried to do an internet search to find them again and can't find any. has anyone got any ideas what they might be please?

It was a smallish school fish and the aquariums were landscaped freshwater. The guy had put it in as a first fish when he was cycling his tank. (i've run out of broadband and i'm on dial up speed at the mo) so it's taking me ages to look back through the photos. BTW thanks for helping me :-)

The colours were through the middle of the fish... I've looked at a heap of tetras and now I'm looking at Danios to see if i have any luck. I'm starting to think that i dreamed it or they had some special lighting in the tanks that changed the fishes colours.

Cool, the pet shop is a bit short on fish here :-) They had no fish in there yesterday. It's good to know that i'll be able to find some . I think i may have to go out of town for them tho'. :D Thanks everyone for helping me.

What did I learn today? I am not inventing imaginary fish...thank goodness and two twenty litre buckets of the local river sand takes three hours to wash and mainly consists of clay (1/2 a bucket of agregate remaining!!)

Still haven't seen any of the Boeseman's Rainbowfish: Melanotaenia boesemani anywhere. I have two beautiful siamese fighters a M and a F. They seem to be playing tag a bit. I'm hoping that they are playing (or something) and not fighting!! she's changing colour and flashing stripes...what does that mean?

I was wondering if Blue Rams, neons and guppies would go in there safely too? The next question would be does any have any of those to sell please?

I feel terrible!! My male siamese fighter is dead!! When I was setting uop the filter the other day I tried to put a spray bar on the outlet pipe which fell off and went to the back at the bottom behind some driftwood. I forgot all about it. Until today when I couldn't figure out where the fish was. I poked around and saw the pipe just now and there it was stuck!! Poor fish :cry: