Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hello new fish breeder here

Featured Replies

Hi i have platies and guppies

I have some one very fat platty

I have 2 tanks, one empty thats just been going for a week it has no plants etc

the one tehy are in have plants

do i need to take the mother out and put her in the empty tank or just let nature take its course i did see a baby a week ago but then it must of got eaten

How do you know when they are going to drop and what about the guppies?

I have a red tailed rainbow male, and snake skin looking one thanks

You can tell guppies are going to drop when their bellies start looking 'square'. If you want the babies to survive, separate them from the big ones in a breeding net or another tank, or make sure you have lots of plants like java moss in your tank they can hide in.

Not sure about plattys sorry.

  • Author

ty from what i have read the platies are the same

i will get some more plants when i can i already have about 15 grrr

hehe

when my 2 foot tank is set up i will put a breeding net in there as my jebo is a half circile shape and it prob take up too much space but ya never know

I will get one this week

My platy is so fat it looks like its gonna burst !!!! hahaha

  • 1 month later...

Pretty much the easiest fish to care for. They're very forgiving with pH range, temp and can live in really gross water. Like most though, I advocate actually taking good care of them!

  • Author

Easy to care for.

I only lost one play but it was old or something got dropsy

Just make sure you get the best filter you can afford.

Look on trademe you can get tanks cheap on there

Easy to care for.

I only lost one play but it was old or something got dropsy

Just make sure you get the best filter you can afford.

Look on trademe you can get tanks cheap on there

You know their age doesn't mean they get dropsy right?

  • Author

Hi again hehe

why did it get dropsy? thought it was age or something wrong with it

Was rather sad when I found it dead

the rest look fine

my ammonia is yellow so that means 0 on the kitt the ph has been low around 6.4 ish

i busted my test tube grr so when I go to the petstore i have to get another one

What are the other reasons I did read about dropsy before posting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.