I couldn't help myself

fishtv

Typical,

Went to Auckland to help my partner pick out new fish for his tank and came home with 2 new fish for my tank.

I thought I'd share a couple of pics. These fish really have added a great dimension to the tank.

I would appreciate any 'real life' advice from fish keepers who have these fish. I have done my research online etc but as usual there are contradictions between sources. :)

161008011-1.jpg

161008007-1.jpg

161008012-1.jpg

thought so! that one hasn't got all his colours yet! they look real nice once the blue comes through. I have 2 males and a female in my tank - also bought them when i shouldn't have! lol

the males love showing off for the female - but love chasing each other around the tank =) surprisingly territorial :o for such a wee lille fish - won't do any damage to each other though.

><>

They look similar to mine. Very nice fish but slow growing.

They seem to eat anything but do like wingless fly maggots and anything that moves.

Not overly agressive but as Phoenix says they are territorial. They show off alot better with dither fish in the tank

Thanks for all the replies. I brought them from Pupuke Aquariums (one of my fav shops). I have kribs in the tank and so far the kribs are still the boss. They have only been in the tank for a few days so they def haven't coloured up yet. But already they are making quite an impact. I'd love to breed them as these two have bred in the shop tank but we will see how we go.

Yea I love my GBA, He is such a stunning fish, now if only he would show some interest in his female... might be time to buy another large female... anyone know of a nice one for sale?